Ever woken up from your deep slumber because you dreamt of drowning in water or somehow ended up being in water in your dreams? Wonder why are your dreams related to water. Let’s look at the reasons and meaning behind these dreams.
Dreaming of water has many meanings and different interpretations as it is a prevalent and an ubiquitous dream. Still, many of these meanings always refer to the person’s state of mind or a bad situation that they are going through.
To know the etymology of this dream in-depth, you should know if the water is dirty, clean, crystalline, cloudy, or morbid.
What Does a Dream of Water Mean?
As we have mentioned previously, the etymology of the dream will change depending on the context in which the dream occurs. Below, we are going to show you the most common situations when dreaming about water.
Common Dreams About Water and Their Meanings:
Calm water dream:
This signals the arrival of good times and tranquillity or spiritual peace. Also, this dream is indicating rejuvenation, peace, tranquillity, and acceptance of yourself. If the calm water is clean and pure, we will achieve success and achieve acceptance from other people, which can facilitate the path to success in other aspects.
Dream about sailing in a boat in calm water:
If you dream about sailing in a boat in calm water, it means that you need a vacation or some rest, or probably a sabbatical.
Dream that you are immersed in murky water:
Suppose you dream that you are immersed in murky water. In that case, this means that you are currently overwhelmed by challenging situations or negative emotions. They are overwhelming you, you cannot rest correctly, and problems are always in your head. However, suppose you dream that you are in the middle of a flood with murky waters. In that case, it is interpreted as a confrontation with your emotions and complicated internal struggles that are hurting you emotionally. However, if you are swimming and struggling to get out of this situation, it predicts that you will soon get out of this complicated situation and get a solution to your problems.
Dream about walking through the water:
To dream that you are walking through the water means overcoming all problems without any difficulty, normally walking in the water in dreams has a positive connotation. It indicates that you can get out of any situation because of your personality and your character.
Dream that you are caught in flood:
Getting a dream that you are in a place where a flood occurs and everything is flooding means that you may be ignored and humiliated by a superior, who can probably be your boss. Don’t let anyone humiliate you. Try to make yourself be valued by your bosses or superiors.
Boiling water dream:
When boiling water appears in the dream, this means that you will soon be lucky in gambling. Boiling water symbolize a positive connotation in gambling and portends positive things.
Are you curious to know more precisely the interpretation of dreaming about clean water? Keep reading.
What does it mean to dream of clean water?
All dreams have a different meaning. As is the case with water, since it depends on the state of the water, the meaning changes completely. Now, we are going to talk about clean water dreams and their meanings. Pay attention and take note of any details experienced in your dream. This will be very important when it comes to knowing the meaning of your dream.
Generally, dreaming of clean water means the symbol of new life, strength, and renewal. This dream brings good news and portends positive things in your life.
If you dream that you are swimming in clean water, it means complete peace of mind and that you are a good person.
Dreaming of a manageable amount of clean water means fertility and renewal.
If you dream of a clean water slide or that you jump down it, it means that you have lost control of things and you cannot handle it. But be careful because this can also mean that you let yourself be carried away by events.
Dreaming of drops of clean water means that you had some hidden feelings that will soon be manifesting.
If you dream that you are drinking clean water, your health will be perfect, and you will do very well in business.
If you dream that you are drinking hot water, it means terrible omens, as well as the appearance of a disease or the worsening of it. Generally, this dream is a bad omen and is always related to bad news.
Drinking clean water dream
If you dream that you drink clean water, but it has a sour taste, it means terrible omens, which refers to health problems, family problems, and fights.
If you dream that you are drinking water from a spring, it means an excellent omen, whether it be the appearance of a new businesses or simply good luck, which will help you earn a lot of money.
To dream that you are drinking mineral water means that you have had an excellent education, with which you know how to savour the good things that life is giving you. Take any opportunity that comes your way. This opportunity could change your life completely.
If you dream that you find yourself with the birth of clean water, it means very good omens, like the beginning of a new love relationship, business, and money.
The interpretation of dreams with water is relatively easy, but you have to be careful because the state of the water and its origin can vary the meaning of your dream. If you want to know the meaning of dreaming about dirty water, we recommend reading this article.
Crystal clear water dream
Dreaming of crystal clear water is one of the most common and frequent dreams that exist. We previously mentioned the complexity of what it means to dream of water. We could affirm that dreams related to water are the most important and indispensable symbols of life. They can represent current emotions and feelings.
Dreams related to clean, transparent, and crystalline water represent an emotional state of our unconscious mind, associated with the spirituality and energy of our body.
- Dreaming that we are in a crystal clear water lake represents the lack of complications in our life. This type of dream is closely related to peace and emotional happiness.
- If we dream of bathing in a place where there is crystal clear water, this represents the anxiety and sexual appetite of the person.
- When it comes to the dream of swimming in crystal clear water, it represents problems and complex issues that we had kept pending. However, it may be the case that we already know how to solve them or have already solved them mentally, and we currently have no new problems left to solve.
- To dream that we are floating in crystal clear water means that we accept what is happening and do not intervene in it since we have a clear and calm mind.
- It is pretty common to want to know more about what it means to dream of fish swimming in crystal clear water. Well, this dream has a positive interpretation related to economic well-being.
- Getting a dream of a crystal clear pool means that we like to live well as it gives us joy and pleasure.
- If we dream that we are bathing with cold, crystal clear water, it means that our health will begin to improve.
- To dream that we find ourselves with a crystal clear waterfall represents that the dreamer wants a change or is seeking a renewal in his life. Similarly, this type of dream has several meanings depending on where we look at the waterfall from. For example, if we dream that we are looking at the crystal clear waterfall, we see how our mood is changing.
- If we dream that we are under a waterfall of crystal clear water, it means that we feel threatened by our feelings.
Sea water dream
Generally, this type of dream is closely related to emotions, and in particular, the seawater dream shows us the actual state of mind of people.
When you dream of big waves or that the sea is very rough, it means an absence of tranquillity in your life. If you are going through a stage in your life with many changes and many movements, try to take things much more calmly and not make decisions casually or callously.
Contrary to the interpretation mentioned above, if we dream of a tsunami, there is excess pressure and stress in our body destroying us. It is time to take a break and let go of the stress or pressure you consume inside.
It is also very common to dream about a calm sea. It means that in our life, everything is flowing with harmony and peace. You are going through a stage of relaxation and peace in your life.
Enjoy the moment and try to recharge your batteries. After these types of dreams, times of great stress or pressure usually come.
- If we dream that we are sailing in the sea, it has many different meanings. Sailing in a calm sea means success and happiness, but if, on the contrary, we dream that we are sailing through a rough sea, it means that we are going through difficult situations to bear.
- Dreaming that we are sailing in a stormy sea means we are very close to witnessing some problems, but be careful, because the people who sail in your dream may be involved in some problem or another, so be careful.
- If we dream of falling into the sea, we are distressed by a failure that we had or a possible failure that we will have.
- Dreaming that we are at the bottom of the sea means we are going through a stage of our life where we have to reflect deeply on our life.
- If we dream that we are adrift, it means that we have let ourselves go without proper control and that our life is adrift.
Did you find the meaning of dreaming about water exciting and want to continue learning more about the world of dreams? Consult more dream interpretations for free in our dream category.
Analyzing Water in a Dream
In the illustration that was just presented, the dreamer is “beyond the reach” of the churning seas. She observes them while hidden behind a window made of protective glass. In point of fact, she frequently has nightmares in which she “observes” the water without actually getting too close to it. This seems like someone who is aware of the choppy emotions that she is experiencing but is not particularly interested in exploring the significance of those emotions.
It is feasible for the dreamer to piece together the meaning and figure out what his dream is trying to teach him if there is sufficient water, if the water behaves in a certain way, and if the dreamer is at a certain distance from the water.
Questions for Dream Interpretation
If you have a dream about water, see if you can remember the answers to the questions that are listed below. They might be able to help you figure out the lesson that your psyche is trying to teach you.
In your dream, what kind of water were you swimming in?
Walking in the rain is often interpreted as a metaphor of purification, while being near a vast body of water may represent intense feelings.
In your dream, what was the water doing?
Describe its actions. A turbulent emotional state can be analogized to stormy water. It’s possible that muddy or murky water is a metaphor for feelings that are imprecise or confused.
What was the distance between you and the water, and how did you react to it?
It is possible to feel as though your feelings are out of your control when you are in a terrifying situation like being lost at sea or drowning. Keeping a safe distance from the turbulent waves may be a metaphor for avoiding dealing with feelings that are being suppressed.