Once upon a time, amulets of dream catchers were only known to and used by people who were into esoteric and mystical views of life. Those times are gone. Nowadays, all kinds of different people have and use dream-catchers. The amulet protects people from having unpleasant dreams and ensures that they only have good dreams.
Thanks to dream-catchers, people can sleep peacefully at night and get the optimum rest they should. This helps them reserve their strength for a new day. In addition to their direct purpose, a dream catcher can become an attractive and original decoration for a home. With its pleasantly colorful details, it gives a bright ethnic character to that home. It is not difficult to buy a dream catcher amulet - it is sold in shops of esoteric goods. Another way is to make one yourself.
What is a dream catcher: the significance of the amulet and the narrative around its creation
In the second part of the 20th century, dream catchers attracted widespread popularity (roughly 60 - 70 years ago). By no means did everyone who bought this item think it would keep them safe from nightmares. Today, a lot of buyers prioritize keeping the existing interior design.
Dream catchers are a product of North American Native American settlements. Nobody is precisely sure when they first appeared, though. Similar magical items were employed for the same reason by some Siberian people. Native Indians from the American continent and Siberia have amulet traditions. However, it is possible that these customs developed independently due to their extreme geographic distance from one another.
We are aware of lovely mythology about the Indian amulet, but the Siberian amulet’s origin story has not reached us. According to legend, one of the Dakota clan’s leaders once sat atop a tall hill. He did a lot of solo meditation. The benevolent spirit of his clan then abruptly materialized as a huge spider. The spirit spoke with the leader for a considerable time, discussing birth, death, rebirth, the mysteries of existence, and the purpose of life.
Then the ghost took the willow branch and woven a circle out of it, filling it with cobweb designs. This was done to make it easier for a man to manifest the good he saw in a dream while awake at night. On the other hand, the evildoers got caught in the web and burned in the morning sun’s light the following day.
Since then, the Indians have started to make amulets and charms in the form of dream catchers. It enabled them to stay free from bad dreams and experience only positive dreams at night.
Nowadays, once a man begins to use a dream catcher amulet, frequent stressful situations and other negative factors do not affect his sleep quality. From here on, experiences like nightmares and feeling sick after waking up do not trouble him. So it helps improve sleep, and a person wakes up in a good mood. Not only that, but he manages to do more, performs everyday work better, and is also less prone to various diseases.
To make a person’s sleep calm, filled with good dreams, and to drive away nightmares, the amulet of a dream catcher is placed at the head of the bed. The tradition of decorating the cradles of babies with amulets is especially widespread among the Native Indians of the American Continent so that the catcher’s web confuses the evil spirits of the night and attracts the good spirits to manifest pleasant dreams.
Nowadays child’s sleep, a mobilizer in the form of an amulet, is used as a dream-catcher. So if you want to improve the quality of your child’s life, you can opt to buy one or make one yourself at home by following a few simple steps.
Among the people of Siberia, the dream catcher was known to be one of the shamanistic objects. Located above the head of the sleeper, the amulet not only protected the sleeper from evil spirits and allowed the shaman to control dreams. With the help of that amulet, the shaman could learn about upcoming events and receive tips for making fateful decisions for the tribe. Therefore, even today, the amulet may be necessary for practitioners of various rites and procedures associated with sleep, for example, lucid dreams.
So, how can the dream catcher amulet help a person in the modern world? The amulet will improve the quality of sleep. It will allow you to sleep and rest peacefully at night to meet and spend a new day in a good mood and experience well-being.
Good dreams are believed to pass through a small hole in the middle of the cobweb. The nightmares become entangled in the web section and melt away by the first rays of the rising sun.
What are the different types of dream catcher amulets
Interestingly, the diversity of dream catchers is divided into several varieties. However, all catchers have several common features by which they can be easily recognized, such as
- the composition is based on a circle symbolizing the sun and its daily cycle;
- Mandatory elements of any catcher are bird feathers, which symbolize breathing and lightness.
What variety is possible in the traditional form of the amulet? Today, there are three of the most popular types of design, depending on the origin of this magical item:
- Native American amulet dream catcher. An object in the shape of a circle filled with interwoven threads. Such a ““eb” cache of good dreams descends to the sleeping person on the feathers and makes his sleep calm and pleasant. Not only that, but it delays and lessens the intensity of bad dreams. Evil spirits that cause bad dreams linger in the interwoven threads and disappear in the rays of the dawning sun.
- The magic tool of Siberian shamans. This dream catcher is designed to attract all kinds of visions - it ddoesn’tmatter if they are pleasant dreams or nightmares. All of them are significant for the shaman. With the help of such an amulet, he sees the images of trapped spirits in a dream. Confronting the negative forces allows the shaman to penetrate the depths of his consciousness. Such amulets can be dangerous for inexperienced adherents of such rituals. So it is advised to be used only by experienced shamans.
- Asian amulet. The strength of such an object lies in the symbolic components of which it is made. Often, Asian dream catcher amulets contain figures of animals or zodiac constellations.
See also: What Birthday Reveals About Your Personality.
How to choose a dream catcher amulet
Choosing the right dream catcher’s color scheme, which symbolizes many significant things, is of great importance. Here is a list of primary colors and their effect on humans:
- White color dream catcher symbolizes purity and healing. It gives a person elevation, radiant energy, and deliverance from ailments.
- The black color dream catcher symbolizes the infinity and feminine energy of life. It gives a person stamina, firmness of mind, and the strength to complete what has been started.
- The red color dream catcher symbolizes will and intense power. It gives a person energy and stimulates creativity.
- Pink color dream catcher symbolizes the energy of love. It gives a person vitality, relieves stress, and helps them to understand themselves better.
- Orange color dream catcher gives a person harmony, balances male and female life energies and principles, and gives strength to resist negative manifestations.
- Yellow color dream catcher symbolizes the spiritual beginning. It gives a person bodily and mental health and spiritual strength and exacerbates mental perception.
- The green color dream catcher symbolizes eternal life. It gives an objective vision of the world and the power to implement plans.
- Sky blue color dream catcher symbolizes the truth. It allows a person to predict the future and facilitates a positive perception of reality. It also makes consciousness bright.
- Blue color dream catcher gives a person the harmony of life, purifies the spirit, and activates logic.
- Violet color dream catcher symbolizes the soul. It gives them inspiration for a better life, strength to his humility, and steadfastness to accept different realities.
The above information characterizes only the Native Indian dream catcher for the common folk. The shaman’s amulet is made according to completely different principles and for different purposes. The Siberian amulet mainly uses dark colors: dark blue, black, and rarely red. However, people unfamiliar with shamanism should not acquire such a heavy magical item.
See also: The Time At Which You Meet Your Love, According To The Horoscope
How to make a DIY Dreamcatcher Amulet
Everyone can make an amulet on their own. All that is needed is to prepare the constituent elements and show a little perseverance. Prerequisite: the maximum possible number of materials for the amulet must be natural. So, the first prepare:
- a willow twig (or a hoop made of wood, metal, etc.);
- thick threads or cord;
Once again, recall that all components (or most) should be made of natural materials.
For a dream catcher, wood, bone, and stone beads are used. And choose beads from an amethyst, obsidian, rauchtopaz, or rock crystal. The dream catcher will become not only a talisman that can be used as an accessory but also a talisman that enhances the abilities of the mind and spirit of the one who wears them. Important elements such as feathers are only needed when thrown alive, not taken from dead birds. If you decide to color them (which, in principle, is undesirable), use natural dyes.
The dream catcher amulet, intended for women, is best decorated with an owl’s feathers. As for men - it’s best decorated with the feathers of an eagle. In extreme cases, a feather of poultry (chicken, goose, etc.) is suitable. True, there is an opinion that such a talisman will be less effective.
To make a charm at home, follow the instructions:
- Leaving a free end about ten centimeters long, wrap a hoop with a cord, thread or braid;
- Having finished wrapping the circle, tie the cord on the hoop near the free end, and you can proceed to create a pattern;
- Setting aside a few centimeters, tie the thread on the hoop, wrap it around the base, and pass it into the resulting loop;
- Do the same thing around the circumference - this will be the first row of the ““eb”“
- The next row is interwoven. Similarly; the basis for it will be the first row;
- While creating the pattern, string the beads on the thread in random order;
- Reaching the center and completing the weaving, tightly tie the thread with a knot and secure it with glue.
Where to place the dream-catcher amulet in the house?
Given the purpose of this magic item, a trap amulet should be placed above the head of a person’s bed. If this is not possible, then a suitable place would be:
- Wall at the head of the bed;
- Lamp on the bedside table;
- Bedroom/wardrobe doors.
In addition to its direct purpose, the amulet will perform a decorative function, adding to the beauty of decor in a room.
Other dream catcher amulets
Other magical items are also common among the Native Indians. They supplement or resemble an amulet like the dream catcher. An example is an medical wheel. It looks like a circle (hoop) with lines crossed in the center and feather pendants below.
The ring is the life cycle. The spokes inside it are the four cardinal points. They represent the four world races and the four manifestations of man (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual).
This amulet is intended to remind us of the world’s unity. It reminds us that everything is connected and that we should not forget Mother Earth.
Another amulet is the ” fusion f souls.” It represents two intersecting hoops. Simultaneously, a “cobweb” passes through the disjoint parts, and an amulet, often a bead, is suspended from the disjoint section. This amulet is designed to protect the relationships and sleep of people in love.
Using horseshoes or shapes similar to that of a horseshoe to make an amulet is also very common. A horseshoe is a sign of good luck and protection from negative influences. This detail will give a powerful energy charge and add unusualness to your decor, whether,r at home or at your work home; it will improve the overall energy, and when used in an office, it will improve relations with clients and the inflow of business, turnover, and profit.
Dream catcher amulet tattoo: what to do and where to place it
The magical image has ceased to be the privilege limited to the Native Indians of the American Continent. Now such a pattern for tattoos is widespread throughout the world. The tattoo master, according to his plan or desire of the client, can significantly change the appearance of the depicted object.
What are the goals of a person who wants to put the image of the dream catcher on their body?
- eliminate the effect of harmful energy;
- improve sleep quality, overcome sleep problems and nightmares;
- find harmony with nature, the symbol of which is also the dream catcher amulet;
- demonstrate commitment to ancient customs.
Thus, the tattoo image of the dream-catcher amulet has the meaning of a very powerful talisman based on ancient traditions and freedom.
The closer the tattoo is to the head, the stronger its effect. The neck and forearms are most common for tattooing such a pattern. The positive effect of a tattoo is based on psychological comfort from the presence of a protective sign on the body. Another common place to apply this image is the ribs.
Obi Abiodun Chinwendu Louisa